Since removing my work from Reddit two months ago, I’ve been busy at work on putting together my first short story collection. I’ve settled on being a clique and making the first book thirteen stories and more than likely following the same trend with any future collections.
As far as progress goes, I’ve got the table of contents ready, and I’m happy to reveal them to you. The order will be subject to change, but these will be the first set of stories available.
- An Unofficial Arrangement (Formerly An Unofficial Arrangement with Mr. High Roller which has been reworked and expanded into a much longer in-depth story)
- The Journal from Storage Unit# 25 (This was initially posted to NoSleep, but it has been revised and edited into a final version.)
- Marina – Originally released in Vices and Virtues but with an additional alternate ending.
- A Letter to My Future Self (1st story ever posted to NoSleep, rewritten and expanded to answer some questions which the original did not)
- A Portal to the Soul (Formerly a SSS story, developed into greater detail)
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes (Previously published in Horror d’Oeuvres Vol. 2)
- From Generation to Degeneration (A SSS story expanded upon to elaborate on the original vision of the story)
- I Have Evidence My College Covered Up a Murder (Will be released with a less clickbait-ier title)
- Mr. Poe of Newark (Part of the All in Goodtime NoSleep event. Expanded and rewritten for clarity)
- The Nuclear Incident on Bumblebee Lane (Released with an alternate ending)
- Beautiful Dreamer (A novella-length sci-fi story)
- Run Joey Run (Current working title. Never released story)
- H is for Hegemonic (Originally published as part of the Alphabet Soup NoSleep event)
As excited as I am about going back into the backlog, I’m actually looking forward to the final release of Horror d’Oeuvres Volume 3. I’ve already been working putting this anthology together for release in October. I’ll be issuing ARC copies beforehand so make sure to keep checking back to see once these are released. For the next couple of weeks, I’ll be issuing ARC copies of the previous two volumes of Horror d’Oeuvres. I would like to get some buzz going on the series again with some new reviews before the next volume makes a splash.
Speaking of which, if you want a FREE ARC copy of Horror d’Oeuvres – Bite-Sized Tales of Terror, click this booksprout link, sign up, and leave a review on Amazon. In a couple of weeks, Volume 2 will be available as well.
Finally, after a lot of thought, I’ve decided to reexamine my position on posting my stories online. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to continue posting short stories to /r/ShortScaryStories. It’s an excellent tool to gauge interest in short concepts, build an audience, and participate in the community.
I still won’t be posting to /r/NoSleep unless it is part of a collaboration. I want to keep my longer stories confined to my collections or to published anthologies. More than likely, I’ll be using SSS stories as an interest check. Based on feedback, I’ll be expanding those shorter stories into longer ones for later.
That’s all for now.